Speaker: Jason Carroll, PhD, Research Group Leader, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute, University of Cambridge.
The Carroll lab is interested in understanding how Estrogen Receptor (ER) causes gene transcription and how this contributes to breast cancer progression. Molecular, genomic and proteomic approaches are employed with the goal of identifying the critical determinants of tumor progression and developing novel therapies that specifically target them. In particular, Dr. Carroll focuses identification of ER- and AR- mediated transcriptional targets and on two hormone receptor pioneer factors FoxA1 and GATA3, and is also generating large-scale transcription factor binding maps by ChIP-seq in cell lines and human tissues.
Cheers & Chat after work: Medicon Village invites you to After Work (Cheers and Chat) following the seminar. You are all very welcome!
- Elevated levels of FOXA1 facilitate androgen receptor chromatin binding resulting in a CRPC-like phenotype.
Robinson JL, Hickey TE, Warren AY, Vowler SL, Carroll T, Lamb AD, Papoutsoglou N, Neal DE, Tilley WD, Carroll JS.
Oncogene. 2014 Dec 11;33(50):5666-74.
- Estrogen receptor beta in prostate cancer: friend or foe?
Nelson AW, Tilley WD, Neal DE, Carroll JS.
Endocr Relat Cancer. 2014 Aug;21(4):T219-34.
- Development of an Illumina-based ChIP-exonuclease method provides insight into FoxA1-DNA binding properties.
Serandour AA, Brown GD, Cohen JD, Carroll JS.
Genome Biol. 2013 Dec 27;14(12):R147.
- Endogenous purification reveals GREB1 as a key estrogen receptor regulatory factor.
Mohammed H, D'Santos C, Serandour AA, Ali HR, Brown GD, Atkins A, Rueda OM, Holmes KA, Theodorou V, Robinson JL, Zwart W, Saadi A, Ross-Innes CS, Chin SF, Menon S, Stingl J, Palmieri C, Caldas C, Carroll JS.
Cell Rep. 2013 Feb 21;3(2):342-9.
- Differential oestrogen receptor binding is associated with clinical outcome in breast cancer.
Ross-Innes CS, Stark R, Teschendorff AE, Holmes KA, Ali HR, Dunning MJ, Brown GD, Gojis O, Ellis IO, Green AR, Ali S, Chin SF, Palmieri C, Caldas C, Carroll JS.
Nature. 2012 Jan 4;481(7381):389-93.